Friday, July 31, 2009

Will airport security confiscate my sketcher shoe-sandals?

I'm leaving the country for a few weeks and I just got these comfortable shoes from Sketchers. The airport says that any "gel-filled" shoes will be confiscated and my shoes are really squishy (feels kind of like gel but I'm not really sure what it is, most of it's leather but I dont know what the squishy part is). Do you think they will confiscate my shoes??? They are the only pair I am bringing with me :(

Will airport security confiscate my sketcher shoe-sandals?
I believe thay are looking specifically for the shoes that have the liquid-like jell in the heel. This may be replaced with liquid explosives, I am assuming. so, if your shoes don't have an obvious jell compartment where they are visible I doubt they will take them. Have you looked on the air travel website to see the exact rules? You can call your local airport and ask them exactly what is going on, they will be happy to explain it. We traveled last year when they weren't allowing tooth paste...it wasn't that bad, really. As long as you call ahead or e-mail and check out the rules. When they had to search someone, which they did me a couple of times. my bags, they took me aside. It wasn't bad. I didn't hold up any lines. Maybe going abroad is different, so check to prevent any problems at the departure time. It would make the trip a loot easier. Have a good time, be safe.
Reply:the rule is no gel insoles, shoes with gels built in are allowed, you just ahve to take them off and let them check them.





this is an exerpt from the www.tsa.gov website:


Gel shoe inserts - Gel shoe inserts are not permitted, but shoes constructed with gel heels are allowed and must be removed and screened. Read more on our shoe screening policy.



Nike

No comments:

Post a Comment